First numbers for 2016!!! Yeah!!!
Here are the January numbers for the entire Portland area (including Lake Oswego).
According to the RMLS Market Action Report for the Portland Metro Area, January, 2016:
- There were 2,519 New Listings in January which was up 63.8% from December (1,538), and 8.8% under January of 2015 (2,762).
- At 1,859, January Closed Sales fell 31.4% from December’s 2,710, and/but were up 25.9% from January of 2015’s 1,477. ***It was still the strongest January since 1992.
- January Pending Sales (accepted offers), at 2,243 were up 15.9% from December’s 1,936, and were 2.8% under January of 2015’s 2,294 total.
- The Average Sale Price in January of $355,500 was down some from December’s end-of-year frenzy/$367,600, and also up approx $26,000 from January of 2015’s $329,400.
The combined areas of Lake Oswego and West Linn (RMLS lumps them together) for the month of January 2016 reported:
- 243 Active Listings (Dec was 255)
- 150 New Listings (Dec was 86 )
- 120 Pending Sales (Dec was 98)
- 81 Closed Sales (Dec was 143)
- Average Sale Price for January of $498,000 (Dec/$567,300. )
- NOTE: Higher-Priced vs Lower-Priced Homes Sales can skew the “Average” in any given month. Lake Oswego has quite a variety, so this tends to be a less meaningful stat, generally speaking, in this niche.
- Average Time on the Market: 78 Days (Dec was 81)