Here are the most recent real estate numbers for Portland and the Lake Oswego/West Linn areas (RMLS lumps them together).
Enjoy! I hope you find this helpful.
According to the RMLS Market Action Report for the Portland Metro Area, July, 2015:
- There were 4,273 New Listings in July which was down .2% from the previous month/June, but up 8.1% from July of 2014.
- At 3,452 July Closed Sales increased 4.5% over June, and were up 28.9% from July of 2014.
- July Pending Sales (accepted offers), at 3,494, were down a bit from the previous month by 3.1%, and 24.7% better than July of 2014.
- The Average Sale Price in July of $369,100 was down a whole $400. from June’s Average of $369,500, and up $24,400 from July of 2014’s $344,700.
The combined areas of Lake Oswego and West Linn for the month of July 2015 reported:
- 447 Active Listings
- 253 New Listings
- 190 Pending Sales
- 201 Closed Sales
- Average Sale Price for July of $570,800.
- NOTE: Higher-Priced vs Lower-Priced Homes Sales can skew the “Average” in any given month. Lake Oswego has quite a variety, so this tends to be a less meaningful stat, generally speaking, in this niche.
- Average Time on the Market: 65 Days