Here is the latest data for you on the overall Portland area, as well as specific Lake Oswego/West Linn (RMLS lumps them together) activity:
For 2013 the overall Portland area saw 27,065 Accepted Offers, and 24,872 Closed Sales which is up 12.7% from 24,010 Accepted Offers (Pendings) and 14.3% from 23,438 Closed Sales during 2012. Though Closed Sales decreased from November 2013 by 2.1%, December had the most Closed Sales since 2006!
According to the RMLS Market Action Report for the Portland Metro Area December, 2013:
- At 1,782, December Closed Sales are 1.3% ahead of December 2012.
- There were 1,333 New Listings in December. This was a decrease of 32.5% from this November, and an increase of 3.7% over December of 2012.
- The Average Sale Price in December was $308,100, down from $318,100 in November 2013.
- December Pending Sales (accepted offers) dropped by 18.8% compard to this November.
The combined areas of Lake Oswego and West Linn for December reported:
- 379 Active Listings
- 58 New Listings
- 76 Pending Sales
- 83 Closed Sales
- An average Sale Price of $463,500.
- Average Time on the Market: 113 Days