Here is the latest data for you on the overall Portland area, as well as specific Lake Oswego/West Linn (RMLS lumps them together) activity:
So far this year the overall Portland area has seen 25,667 Accepted Offers, and 24,872 Closed Sales which is up 12.9% from 22,726 Accepted Offers (Pendings) and 15.4% from 21,546 Closed Sales in the same period last year. Though Closed Sales decreased from October 2013 by 16.8%, November had the most Closed Sales since 2006!
According to the RMLS Market Action Report for the Portland Metro Area November, 2013:
- At 1,821, November Closed Sales increased by 88 over November 2012, but are down from this October’s 2,189.
- There were 1,976 New Listings in November. This was a decrease of 14% from this October, and an increase of 5.6% over November of 2012.
- The Average Sale Price in November was $318,100, up $4,000 from $314,100 in October 2013.
- November Pending Sales (accepted offers) dropped by 14% compard to this October, and increased by 5.6% as compared to November 2012.
The combined areas of Lake Oswego and West Linn for October reported:
- 441 Active Listings
- 103 New Listings
- 83 Pending Sales
- 97 Closed Sales
- An average Sale Price of $498,200.
- Average Time on the Market: 79 Days