Here is the latest data for you on the overall Portland area, as well as specific Lake Oswego/West Linn (RMLS lumps them together) activity:
August activity was slightly down from July, but still very much improved from August of 2012.
According to the RMLS Market Action Report for the Portland Metro Area August, 2013:
- At 2,623, August Closed Sales were a 5.2% down from July’s 2,766, and/but represent the best the best August for Closed Salws since 2009!
- There were 3,423 New Listings in August. This was a decrease of 11.7% from July, and an increase of 10.5% over August of 2012.
- The Average Sale Price in August was $321,900, down from $326,500 in July 2013.
- Pending Sales (accepted offers) dropped slightly from July 2013’s total of 2,738 to 2,614 in August.
The combined areas of Lake Oswego and West Linn for August reported :
- 568 Active Listings
- 206 New Listings
- 130Pending Sales
- 125 Closed Sales
- An average Sale Price of $548,600.
- Average Time on the Market: 75Days